Benefits of Membership
We Invite You to Become a Member of
the Therapeutic Assessment Institute (TAI)
Are you intrigued and inspired by Therapeutic Assessment (TA) and other models of collaborative psychological assessment? Have you found these methods renew your enthusiasm for practicing, teaching, and researching assessment? Are you excited that Therapeutic and Collaborative Assessment enhance positive change in clients? Are you impressed by research demonstrating the efficacy of TA as a short-term intervention? If so, we invite you to become a member of the Therapeutic Assessment Institute (TAI).
The Therapeutic Assessment Institute (TAI) is a non-profit professional organization formed in 2014 by Stephen Finn, Ph.D. and a Board of Directors comprised of the original TA faculty from around the world invited and trained by Stephen Finn. TAI membership is open to all assessment professionals and graduate students who share our mission and core values. We are a vibrant community of professionals committed to further developing and spreading the word about TA. The mission of the TAI is to inspire hope and promote positive mental and behavioral health around the world through individualized, collaborative, and empathic psychological assessment practice, education, and research.
Specifically, we aim to:
- Further develop the practices of Therapeutic Assessment with diverse adult, adolescent, child, and family clients,
- Support research investigating the efficacy and effectiveness of Collaborative and Therapeutic Assessment, and
- Support interested professionals in learning the TA model by providing trainings, consultation, and training materials.
Values of TA
The core values of TA include active collaboration with clients, respect of all clients and their diversity, humility about our expertise and the power of our assessment tools, compassion for clients and their situations, empathy for all clients, and openness and curiosity about ourselves and about how each client has developed as a unique individual.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Immediate access to each issue of the TA Connection, our twice-yearly newsletter that contains editorials; timely discussions of relevant TA issues; original columns on research, practice, and training in TA; book and video reviews, listing of recent publications related to C/TA; and details about upcoming trainings and conferences.
- Access to the TAI list serve. Here you will receive early releases of TA-related articles, be able to ask questions about how to apply TA in your setting, and receive announcements about upcoming TA events.
- Access to the complete TA Website, including the list of other professionals around the world who are interested in and committed to Collaborative and Therapeutic Assessment
- Reduced rates (10%) for TAI-sponsored conferences and certain workshops.
- Reduced rates (10%) for TA training materials purchased through the TAI Website
- Reduced rates (10%) for trainings sponsored by the Asian-Pacific Center for Therapeutic Assessment (ACTA)
- Reduced rates for individual clinical consultation with TAI Board members
- 10% discount for trainings on the Adult Attachment Projective Picture System, www.attachmentprojective.com
- Opportunities to meet colleagues from around the world and develop professional relationships through attendance at TAI sponsored training workshops and conferences
- Listing on the TAI website once you have achieved TA certification
- Knowing that you are helping to develop and spread the word about TA
Responsibilities of Membership Include:
- Aspiring to the mission and core values of the TAI.
- Adhering to policies governing use of the TAI list serve.
- Paying yearly dues to the TAI in a timely fashion.
- Helping to expand and nurture the professional TA community.
- Giving ongoing feedback to the TAI Board about your needs, wishes, and experiences as a member of the TAI.
Cost of Membership
- Annual Membership: $75
- Student Membership: $40 (includes post-docs)